Monday, January 2, 2012

April showers, and showers, and showers!

Although the flood of 2011 did not effect me directly it was sad to see how the rising waters were damaging houses and running people out of their homes. It also brought back memories of the 1997 flood. I was in high school at the time and of course living at home with my parents in Stanley. During the 97 flood, Stanley was completely surrounded with water. The only way out was by boat. Which is one of the reasons school was cancelled for two weeks. For me these two weeks were filled with friends and four wheelers. We thought it was so neat that we could ride four wheelers on the road without risking getting caught by the cops. So, thats what we did the majority of the time. We also took a couple boat rides into town to shop and meet up with other friends. Chrissy and I even stayed the night at mammaw's and had a few friends over there.
Here are some pictures of flood waters in Stanley this year. The water did not get as high as they did in 97'. Although most of the roads in Stanley were flooded there was still one way to get to town. It took me forever to get a picture of Carly near the flood water. She was scared to death to get near it and I couldn't be happier about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment